We adhere to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
Working at MSR
We believe in good, hard work and solid professionalism. But we also believe in balancing life with work. So, we have created an environment where employees can thrive professionally and personally and where our work consistently exceeds our clients’ expectations.
We are one of the few mid-sized firms in California that consistently practices law at the highest level, both in terms of the clients we represent and the legal issues we handle.
Miller Starr Regalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transactional Senior Associate/Senior Counsel
We are seeking a senior associate/senior counsel level attorney to join our busy transactional practice in Walnut Creek. No portable book of business required, but the ideal candidate will demonstrate substantial experience managing and directly advising clients on complex real estate transactions, including commercial leasing and acquisitions & dispositions, at a large or medium-sized law firm or in-house environment. California bar required. EOE.
Transactional Mid-Level Associate (3-6 Years)
We are seeking a mid-level associate to join our busy transactional practice in Walnut Creek. The ideal candidate will have 3-6 years of direct experience negotiating, documenting and managing complex transactions, including commercial leasing, acquisitions & dispositions and title and due diligence review, at a large or medium-sized law firm or in-house environment. A J.D. degree from a top-tier law school and California bar required. EOE.
Professional Staff Opportunities
Litigation/CID (Transactional) Secretary
We are seeking a full-time Litigation & Corporate/Transactional Legal Secretary for our Walnut Creek office . This position supports attorneys in our Litigation and Common Interest Development (CID) practices. The qualified candidate will possess 5+ years of recent litigation and corporate secretarial experience.
Must be adept with e-filing in both federal and state courts and have a working knowledge of all phases of the litigation process from start to finish, including pleadings, briefs, TOA’s, TOC’s, discovery and other legal documents.
The CID practice involves creation and editing of complex legal documents. Familiarity with the following is a plus:
• Working with/preparing/editing transactional real estate documents, including land-sharing agreements, easements, bylaws, and articles of incorporation;
• Locating entities on the Secretary of State website;
• Interaction with the Department of Real Estate; and
• Preliminary reports, other title reports, phasing and subdivision maps.
Technical Proficiency Requirements:
• MS Office Suite, specifically strong Word 2010 skills (including advanced functions: track changes/redlining, adding/printing comments, cross referencing in documents);
• Extensive experience with schemes, styles and complex editing;
• Ability to create and manipulate PDFs;
• Experience with iManage/Filesite (or equivalent document management program); and
• FormsWorkflow (or equivalent program) (preferred).
Other responsibilities include extensive transcription, calendaring, scheduling travel arrangements and meetings for both client related and professional associations, client interaction, and other administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate possesses a great attitude with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone who is flexible, exercises good judgment and can prioritize and multi-task well in a fast paced environment under strict deadlines, all while demonstrating a high level of professionalism. Candidates meeting these requirements, please forward cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources. firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Accounting Department Manager – Walnut Creek
The Accounting Department Manager, under the direction of the Executive Director, shall have responsibility for the Firm's accounting functions, including treasury, payroll, accounts receivable accounts payable, and other duties, as determined by the Executive Director. The ideal candidate must have solid financial management and accounting skills, a strong business acumen and solid managerial skills. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director to achieve the Firm’s strategic goals and objectives, including improved operating efficiencies, revenue growth and enhanced profitability. The Accounting Department Manager will be responsible for the overall efficient operation of the Firm’s accounting close cycles.
The Accounting Department Manager must possess the following attributes to be successful in the position and provide the level of expertise needed to ensure the successful operation of the Firm’s accounting department.
• Lead, manage, and retain an effective accounting department consisting of an A/R Clerk, A/P Clerk and Payroll Specialist. Oversee and administer the Firm’s accounting software.
• Support outstanding bank relationships, manage cash flow forecasting, and corporate credit cards processing. Manage and reconcile restricted and unrestricted cash accounts.
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget. Maintain financial controls and guidelines to optimize cost effectiveness and profitability. Review and analyze monthly financial results. Oversee the month/year end close process for payroll and general ledger. Review accuracy of the general ledger accounts. Support client e-billing operations.
• Manage and assist in accounts payable and payroll cycles. Liaison with payroll provider, 401(k) provider, clients, and vendors.
• Manage annual tax reporting for payroll, health benefits and 1099s. Manage property and business license tax filings.
• Must operate comfortably across a broad spectrum of responsibilities including hands-on work experience relating to: finance, accounting, and treasury as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or finance, or equivalent experience;
• 5 years financial experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization with demonstrated ability to lead the accounting team;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to provide clear, precise, and well-substantiated explanations of financial events and trends;
• Maintain effective relationships with attorneys, exempt & non-exempt staff, vendors and clients;
• The candidate must have effective organizational, communications and interpersonal skills, must be an excellent problem-solver and team player, and must work effectively with other motivated professionals in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and work as needed to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position;
• Comfort and skill in using a hands-on approach in situations where tasks and analyses cannot be delegated; and
• High level of integrity, confidentiality, and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation in a constantly changing environment under tight time constraints.
Miller Starr Regalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or gender expression or identity), political ideology, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Miller Starr Regalia offers a competitive benefits package to attorneys and professional staff, which include:
- Firm Sponsored Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Firm Sponsored Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance – Employer contributions for employee and dependent monthly premiums
- Dental Insurance – Employer contributions for employee and dependent monthly premiums
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter Expenses
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition reimbursement account for external continuing legal education.
- Firm sponsored in-house training programs for continuing legal education, technical skills and professional and personal development.
The benefits outlined are subject to modification or termination at any time without notice.