We adhere to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
Working at MSR
We believe in good, hard work and solid professionalism. But we also believe in balancing life with work. So, we have created an environment where employees can thrive professionally and personally and where our work consistently exceeds our clients’ expectations.
We are one of the few mid-sized firms in California that consistently practices law at the highest level, both in terms of the clients we represent and the legal issues we handle.
Miller Starr Regalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Litigation Associate (3-6 Years)
We are recruiting for a litigation associate with 3-6 years of proven litigation experience for our Walnut Creek office. Candidates must possess excellent oral and written advocacy skills, have demonstrated experience in depositions, drafting and arguing motions and trial related briefs, be detail oriented and possess superior organizational skills and the ability to handle litigation matters independently. Ideal candidates will have a J.D. from a top tier law school and graduated in the top of their class. Experience in sophisticated commercial litigation involving real property is also ideal, but not necessary. EOE. Principals only, no recruiters please.
Common Interest Development Associate
We are seeking a Common Interest Development Associate with 3-6 years of transactional experience in common interest developments (condominiums and planned developments) in our Walnut Creek office. The ideal candidate will be able to assimilate with our small CID group and work well independently and with instruction. Must possess excellent writing skills, be detail oriented and extremely organized. Ideal candidates will have graduated in the top of their class and have relevant work experience from a top tier law firm, governmental agency and/or judicial clerkship. Experience in preparing governing documents (CC&Rs, articles of incorporation, and bylaws) and related easement and land sharing agreements for residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments is also required. EOE. Principals only, no recruiters please.
Professional Staff Opportunities
The Executive Director position is based in Walnut Creek. Under the direction of the Executive Committee, the Executive Director will have overall responsibility for the Firm's business functions, financial management, information systems, support functions, non-attorney personnel, physical office space, and other duties, as determined by the Executive Committee. The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall efficient operation of the Firm.
The Executive Director must possess the following attributes to be successful in the position and provide the level of expertise needed to ensure the successful operation of the Firm and the achievement of its objectives.
• Supervise the operations of the Firm, including personnel, administrative policies and procedures, benefits, finances, records, marketing, facilities management, and information systems;
• Present issues needing the input of, or resolution by, the Executive Committee at its monthly meetings or between meetings as required. Provide the Executive Committee and Shareholders with comprehensive financial reporting and analysis at the annual meeting and ad-hoc as needed; ensure monthly reports, projections, analysis and variance reports are provided to management on a timely basis;
• Lead, manage, and retain an effective administrative team to assist in implementing and carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director and any other stated objectives of the Executive Committee. Establish the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each administrative team member. Oversee employee relations and resolution of conflict;
• Prepare the annual budget. Maintain financial controls and guidelines to optimize cost effectiveness and profitability. Review and analyze monthly financial results. Oversee the month/year end close process for the billing cycle and general ledger. Review accuracy of the general ledger accounts. Review client e-billing requirements. Review and manage all insurance needs of the Firm;
• Support outstanding banking relationships, manage cash flow, and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
• Must operate comfortably across a broad spectrum of responsibilities including hands-on work experience relating to: finance and human resource management as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or finance, or equivalent experience;
• 10 years financial experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization with demonstrated ability to lead the administrative team;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to provide clear, precise, and well-substantiated explanations of financial events and trends. Maintain effective and influential relationships with shareholders, attorneys, exempt & non-exempt staff, and clients;
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and work as needed to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position;
• Comfort and skill in using a hands-on approach in situations where tasks and analyses cannot be delegated;
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation in a constantly changing environment under tight time constraints.
Miller Starr Regalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or gender expression or identity), political ideology, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Miller Starr Regalia offers a competitive benefits package to attorneys and professional staff, which include:
- Firm Sponsored Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Firm Sponsored Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance – Employer contributions for employee and dependent monthly premiums
- Dental Insurance – Employer contributions for employee and dependent monthly premiums
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter Expenses
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition reimbursement account for external continuing legal education.
- Firm sponsored in-house training programs for continuing legal education, technical skills and professional and personal development.
The benefits outlined are subject to modification or termination at any time without notice.