Miller Starr Regalia (MSR), a preeminent California real estate law firm for more than 50 years, today announced that eight of its attorneys across five practice areas are included in the 2023 Northern California Super Lawyers list. In addition, two lawyers from MSR’s land use and business litigation practice groups are named among the Northern California 2023 Rising Stars.
“We are thrilled to see so many of our attorneys honored again this year by Super Lawyers for their talent, passion and dedication to securing meaningful results for our clients,” said Ella K. Gower, Miller Starr Regalia’s managing shareholder.
2023 Northern California Super Lawyers
MSR San Francisco Office
- F. Gale Connor, Real Estate – Connor's practice focuses on real property law including, commercial leasing, real property acquisitions and dispositions, as well as eminent domain and inverse condemnation.
MSR Walnut Creek Office
- Mark A. Cameron, Business Litigation – Cameron handles complex matters involving environmental contamination, due diligence, commercial leasing, sales, loans, guarantees, receiverships, construction defects, accessibility claims, insurance claims, and the enforcement of private contracts and real property rights.
- Arthur F. Coon, Environmental Litigation – Coon is Chair Emeritus of the Land Use Department and Chair of the firm’s Appellate Practice Group and represents clients in the areas of CEQA, environmental, and land use litigation.
- Nadia L. Costa, Land Use/Zoning – Costa is Co-Chair of the Land Use Department, and her practice centers on land use and local government law, specializing in the processing and implementation of land use entitlements.
- Karl E. Geier, Real Estate – Geier has advised and represented real estate developers, governmental entities, and financial institutions in wide range of projects and transactions and is the Editor-in-Chief and a principal author of Miller Starr Regalia’s 12-volume treatise, Miller & Starr, California Real Estate 4th.
- Hans A. Lapping, Real Estate – Lapping's practice focuses on retail, office, industrial leasing and real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Basil "Bill" S. Shiber, Business Litigation – Shiber is the former Chair of the Litigation Department and Chair of the Eminent Domain & Inverse Condemnation Practice Group and represents developers, financial institutions, and public agencies in matters of commercial leasing, environmental issues, land use, and title insurance.
- Bryan W. Wenter, Land Use/Zoning – Wenter is Co-Chair of the Land Use Department. He advises and represents clients on a wide range of complex land use, environmental compliance, and government law issues, with a focus on obtaining, defending, and implementing land use entitlements for all types of development projects, including housing, throughout California.
2023 Northern California Rising Stars
MSR Walnut Creek Office
- Travis A. Brooks, Land Use/Zoning – Brooks represents private and public entity clients in a wide range of land use and environmental matters throughout California.
- Nicholas E. Ma, Real Estate – Ma has significant experience representing clients in a wide range of litigation, including disputes involving the purchase and sale of commercial property, easement rights, real estate investment and financing, and commercial leases.
Super Lawyers publishes lists of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of lawyers in a state are chosen each year as Super Lawyers and only 2.5 percent are chosen each year as Rising Stars.
Miller Starr Regalia
Miller Starr Regalia has had a well-established reputation as a leading real estate law firm for more than fifty years. For nearly all that time, our firm has written Miller & Starr, California Real Estate 4th, a 12-volume treatise on California real estate law. We call it “the Book.” The Book is the most widely used and judicially recognized real estate treatise in California and is cited by practicing attorneys and courts throughout the state. Our firm has experience in all real property matters, including full-service litigation and dispute resolution services, transactions, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, common interest development, construction, management, title insurance, environmental law, and land use. For more information, visit www.msrlegal.com.