Miller Starr Regalia (MSR), a preeminent California real estate law firm for more than 50 years, is pleased to announce that nine attorneys have been named 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers and one attorney has been named to the 2020 Rising Stars list.
Super Lawyers publishes lists of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of lawyers in a state are chosen each year as Super Lawyers and only 2.5 percent are chosen each year as Rising Stars.
“We are very proud that Super Lawyers has honored attorneys representing a cross-section of MSR's real property law practice, including real estate, environmental litigation, land use & zoning and business litigation, " said Ella K. Gower, Miller Starr Regalia's managing shareholder.
The MSR attorneys honored are:
2020 Northern California Super Lawyers
San Francisco Office
- F. Gale Connor, Real Estate -- Connor's practice focuses on real property law including eminent domain and inverse condemnation, commercial leasing, and real estate financing.
Walnut Creek Office
- Mark Alan Cameron, Business Litigation -- Cameron handles complex client matters involving environmental contamination, due diligence, commercial leasing, sales, loans, guarantees, and receiverships, construction defects, accessibility claims, insurance claims, and the enforcement of private contracts and real property rights.
- Arthur F. Coon, Environmental Litigation -- Coon is Co-Chair of Miller Starr Regalia’s Land Use Practice Group and Chair of its Appellate Practice Group and represents clients in the areas of CEQA, environmental, and land use law.
- Karl E. Geier, Real Estate -- Geier advises and represents commercial, industrial, and residential clients in a wide range of complex real estate transactions and is Editor-in-Chief and a principal author of Miller Starr Regalia’s treatise Miller & Starr, California Real Estate 4th.
- David E. Harris, Real Estate -- Harris is a litigation shareholder and his experience extends to complex multi-party litigation involving real estate disputes.
- Hans A. Lapping, Real Estate -- Lapping's practice focuses on retail, office, and industrial leasing and real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Eugene H. Miller, Real Estate -- Miller's practice includes the representation of clients in all aspects of real property and business transactions including, purchase and sale documentation and representation before public agencies. He is Chairman Emeritus of Miller Starr Regalia.
- Basil "Bill" S. Shiber, Business Litigation -- Shiber is the former Chair of the Litigation Department and Chair of the Eminent Domain & Inverse Condemnation Practice Group and represents developers, financial institutions, and public agencies in matters of commercial leasing, environmental issues, land use, and title insurance.
- Bryan W. Wenter, Land Use/Zoning -- Wenter advises and represents clients on a wide range of complex land use, environmental compliance, and government law issues.
2020 Northern California Rising Stars
- Travis A. Brooks, Land Use/Zoning -- Brooks represents private and public entity clients in a wide range of land use and environmental matters throughout the state of California.
Miller Starr Regalia
Miller Starr Regalia has had a well-established reputation as a leading real estate law firm for more than fifty years. For nearly all that time, our firm has written Miller & Starr, California Real Estate 4th, a 12-volume encyclopedia on California real estate law. We call it “the Book.” The Book is the most widely used and judicially recognized real estate treatise in California and is cited by practicing attorneys and courts throughout the state. Our firm has experience in all real property matters, including full-service litigation and dispute resolution services, transactions, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, common interest development, construction, management, title insurance, environmental law, and redevelopment and land use. For more information, visit www.msrlegal.com.