PLI’s Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (CREI) is the definitive course for practitioners handling sophisticated real estate matters. PLI program Co-Chairs recruit faculty from among the best of best in the commercial real estate industry across the country to provide up-to-date instruction in such key areas as financing, leasing, strategic deal structuring, and construction.
This two-day program will cover necessary topics to guide attendees through complex legal and market trends, including the relative success or failure of recent strategies in negotiations. CREI’s incredible faculty have prepared unique presentations and gathered educational materials to help participants remain competitive in the field of high-stakes commercial real estate. Miller Starr Regalia Shareholder Bryan Wenter to speak on the Land Use Entitlement Process at 10 a.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022.
Participants will leave better prepared than ever to be their clients’ top legal advocates and business allies, while earning two full days of CLE credit.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the commercial real estate market from a nationwide perspective
- Draft key terms in complex purchase and sale agreements
- Negotiate strategic leasing provisions
- Mitigate losses from impending foreclosure
- Structure joint venture and other vehicles for commercial real estate transactions
- Prepare necessary mortgage financing agreements
- Proactively manage construction projects
- Maintain compliance with legal ethical standards
- New York Location Only:
- Advise clients on condo developments under new industry scrutiny since Surfside condo collapse
- Properly modify loans, leases, and/or sale agreements when bankruptcy is looming
- Guide clients through recent legal issues related to infrastructure development
- San Francisco Location Only:
- Obtain necessary government permits for development projects
- Navigate the land use entitlement process
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit real estate transaction and construction attorneys, litigators interested in learning about real estate transactions, commercial landlord or tenant legal representatives, and real estate market analysts.
- Two full days of CLE credit
- 1 full hour of ethics credit
- Attend program in New York City or San Francisco
Intended Audience: Real estate attorneys, in-house counsel, commercial property managers, real estate market analysts
WHEN: Thursday, November 3 - Friday, November 4, 2022